Some laptops with NVIDIA graphics actually contain two graphics chips, an Intel integrated chip for power saving, and a dedicated NVIDIA chip for high performance uses such as games. Your graphics driver will try to detect which one to use based on the program you are running, but may not correctly detect that the high performance chip is required for Mark of the Ninja.
You can manually set the game to run in high-performance mode, which can improve performance significantly.
- Go to NVIDIA Control Panel by right-clicking on your desktop and clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel".
- Select "Manage 3D Settings" on the left hand list, and the "Program Settings" tab on the right hand side.
- Under "1. Select a program to customize:" hit the "Add" button.
- From here, navigate to the folder where your Steam games are located.
Probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mark_of_the_ninja\bin
- Select "game.exe" and hit open
- Then, under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" open the drop-down menu and select "High-Performance NVIDIA processor".
- Finally, hit apply in the far bottom right corner.
Next time you start Mark of the Ninja it should now be using the high-performance chip.