If you received Don't Starve Together as a gift via your Steam inventory:
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to claim your gift via your Steam client/program.
- On the top-right hand side of your screen, click on "1 new gift" to open the gift window. Choose "Accept Gift", add the game to your Steam game library or your Steam Inventory.
- If you add Don't Starve Together to your Steam game library, it will be added to your game list. (Library > Games) Highlight the game and click on "Install" to download/install the game to your computer.
Note: If you do not see Don't Starve Together as a gift in your Steam inventory, please ask the person who sent the gift to re-send it to you. Also, please ensure that you are logged into the Steam account that the gifter sent it to.
More information on sending and receiving gifts on Steam can be found on the official Steam Support site.
To activate, install, and play Don't Starve Together on Steam:
- Launch Steam and log into your Steam account
- At the bottom left of your Steam client, choose "Add a game" and then "activate a game on Steam"
- Enter or copy & paste your Don't Starve Together Steam key
- After the game has been downloaded and installed, you should be able to play it from your Steam library