We've recently added controller support to Don't Starve! In order to play using a controller on Steam or on the Standalone, first ensure that your game has been updated to the latest version.
Once your game has been updated, follow the steps below:
- Plug-in your game controller and install the relevant drivers for it;
- Run Don't Starve and go to the main menu;
- On the main menu, click on the "Options" tab; choose "Controls";
- On the upper-left of the "Controls" screen you can choose your controller instead of mouse and keyboard;
- Enable your controller and click on the "Apply" button to apply the changes to your game;
- Start playing!
If you've tried the steps above and you're still having issues using your controller, please let us know in our bug tracker forums.