If you encounter any kind of issues while playing Don't Starve Together and require support (or would like to report the issue or bug) through the Don't Starve Together Bug Tracker, here are a number of files you may want to include that will help provide us with more details on the report. (For Windows PC, Mac OS X, and Linux)
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
- On the Run window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
- A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
- Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post or support ticket.
You will be able to find Don't Starve Together's client_log.txt file in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt
SAVE/SERVER GAME FILES - IMPORTANT!
In order for us to reproduce your issue, sometimes we require your save file so that we may take a deeper look at the issue that you are experiencing. Whenever possible please include your save file.
For Don't Starve Together, go to your Documents\Klei directory and zip it up with all subdirectories (Windows: Right Click > Send To > Compressed Folder).
MAC SYSTEM SPECS
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your Mac, where the navigation/menu bar is located
- Click "About This Mac", a new window will open up
- Click on Overview Tab for your basic computer specs (including Processor, Memory, and Graphics Card)
- Provide our team with your full Mac specs list
On Mac, you will be able to find your client_log.txt file in ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt
MAC SAVE/SERVER GAME FILES - IMPORTANT!
For Don't Starve Together (MAC), go to your ~/Documents/Klei directory and zip it up with all subdirectories (Mac: Right-click or Ctrl-Click > Compress "Klei").
LINUX SYSTEM SPECS
Please provide a description of your hardware specs - generally providing your lshw is a convenient way of listing the computer's spec list.
On LINUX, you will find your log file in ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt
LINUX SAVE/SERVER GAME FILES - IMPORTANT!
For Don't Starve Together (Linux), go to your ~/.Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/ directory and zip it up with all subdirectories.