For Steam purchases, please visit the Don’t Starve DRM-free page to get your DRM-free client.
When you purchase Don't Starve, Reign of Giants, and Shipwrecked from Steam, these are added into your games library.
Until fairly recently, Steam provided a CD key for Don't Starve, Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked that players could enter into Humble Bundle to retrieve your DRM-free installers. Steam is getting rid of this system - so we have created the Don’t Starve DRM-free page that you can now use to get your installers.
To Download, Install, and Play on Don't Starve DRM-free game client:
- Visit https://accounts.klei.com/account/drmkeys and log in using your Steam account to retrieve your installer and your Don't Starve (or Reign of Giants / Shipwrecked) game key.
- Download the Win/Mac/Linux installer file for the game (or expansions) and complete the install process.
- Launch the game; an updater window will pop-up asking for your game key.
- Enter your Don't Starve (or expansion) game key and click on "Next" to update the game to the latest version.
- Once updates are complete, click on "Run Game" to play Don't Starve.