For the most part, you can mod anything that you wish. However do have a few restrictions for the purpose of fair-play and a healthy game environment.
What can I NOT Mod?
- Mods that make use of other people's work without credited permission
- Mods that violate the Steam Subscriber Agreement or Klei's Content Guidelines
- Mods intended to circumvent metagame entitlements (I.e. skins, item drops, DLC or product ownership)
- Mods that contain copyrighted material of which you do not own or have permission to use
- Mods that intentionally alter or otherwise negatively affect the usage of other mods.
Take a few moments to read through and familiarize yourself with our modding etiquette guidelines.
- Please remember that modders are not required to support their mods; and while you are welcome to ask a modder to add, remove, or change parts of their mod, it is ultimately up to the mod creator whether they make any changes or not.
- Public mods must be complete and in working order with a full description of what the mod contains, with applicable screenshots and title image
- Mods intended to be just for personal use or testing should not be published for public use.
- If you would like to modify and upload another person's mod as part of your own work, be sure to ask them for permission if none is specifically provided and provide proper credit as requested by the original creator.
- In the case where no permission is granted explicitly or generally; it will be assumed that no permission has been granted.
- As per Steam Policies, if you feel that your intellectual property rights have been violated, you can file a DMCA claim here.
- In cases where a mod has been abandoned or no longer compatible and has been updated and reuploaded by another member; unless specifically stated otherwise the original mod will be considered abandoned and may be permitted to stay or the original author requests removal; at which time the original mod will require specific permissions be added to the mod to deny re-use of the mod and the reuploaded mod will be removed.
- Mods containing assets from other games or media are not allowed.
- In addition to the Steam subscriber agreement and Rules and Guidelines for User Generated Content, we also ask that you follow our community guidelines and etiquette.
- Modders may make donation links available - however no incentives, functionality or services may be offered in exchange for donations.