Disk Write Error
If you are encountering an error similar to "Disk Write Error", this generally means that something on the computer is blocking the game (or the Steam client). A couple of things you can try:
Please ensure that your Windows user account profile has the proper administrator privilege/permissions to run programs, create and save/overwrite files on your hard drive. As well, please ensure that your Antivirus software is not actively blocking or quarantining the game from being able to run.
Once the above has been done, and the issue persists, please try the following steps:
1) Run the Steam client as an Administrator
2) Run Oxygen Not Included as an Administrator
(On Steam: \Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded.exe)
(On Epic: \Epic Games\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded.exe)
*If you are not sure how to find the OxygenNotIncluded.exe file on Steam, you can do so by right-clicking on Oxygen Not Included on your Steam Library > Click on "Properties" > LOCAL FILES > click on the "Browse" button.
3) You can also ensure that Oxygen Not Included and your Steam client (or Epic Games Launcher) have both been added to your security software's and Windows Security's allowed/trusted programs list.
Controlled Folder Access
If you currently have Windows Ransomware Protection enabled, it may block the game from being able to access, read, or write files on the hard drive. If so, you will need to allow the game’s .exe file (OxygenNotIncluded.exe) through the Controlled Folder Access, in order for the game to be able to do so. Here’s how to do this:
1) Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection;
In Virus & threat protection, scroll down to Ransomware Protection, click on “Manage ransomware protection”
2) Check to see if Controlled folder access is ON, if it is, click on “Allow an App through Controlled folder access”
3) Click on + Add an allowed app > choose “Recently Blocked Apps” if Oxygen Not Included was blocked previously or choose “Browse All Apps” and manually add Oxygen Not Included. Each of these options will add OxygenNotIncluded.exe to the allowed apps within Windows' controlled folder access. If you are not sure where the OxygenNotIncluded.exe file is located, generally it is within your Steam folders at \steam\steamapps\common\oxygennotincluded\ or if you are playing on Epic Games Launcher, the file is generally located at \Epic Games\OxygenNotIncluded\.
4) Once added, launch Oxygen Not Included once more.
If the issue persists, please check out our Oxygen Not Included Support site for more information. You can also report your issue in the Oxygen Not Included Bug Tracker with your logs and information for bug reports.