Since the launch of Don't Starve Together we have been building resources for our players to be able to get cool item skins in lots of different ways. Now, players will be able to share these skins across all platforms.
We know there are a bunch of questions about this, some of which we have the answers to below.
Will this be available on PlayStation?
Shared unlocks are now available on PlayStation!
Don't Starve Together unlocks can now be shared on all platforms. Starting today, linking your PlayStation account will allow players to use their unlocks regardless of where they were earned.
How will I merge accounts for Shared Unlocks on multiple platforms?
You will find a step-by-step guide on how to merge your accounts for Shared Unlocks on our support site here: DST - How to merge accounts for Shared Unlocks on multiple platforms
How will this work after accounts are merged?
When players get drops, these drops are granted to your Klei Account and that's what you have in-game. You will be able to merge multiple platform accounts onto a single Klei Account and seamlessly use your items on everything connected. This includes crockpot recipes, plant registry, item skins and characters that you gained through drops including woven characters and skins.
NOTE: Bolts (Premium Currency) cannot be shared between platforms. However, in-game Spool and Klei Points will be added together and merged onto the primary account.
How are drops affected?
All connected accounts will share a single drop pool once connected. All connected platform accounts will act as one single Klei Account.
Does that mean we get Crossplay soon?
No, but maybe? Just like shared items, crossplay is something we would love to do. However along with it being a lot of work to implement these are things that aren't necessarily accessible to smaller teams like ours. But times are changing and hopefully in the future things like this will be made easier for all developers.
IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE READ BEFORE MERGING ACCOUNTS
If you are using a public computer or one you share with other people you may want to use your browser's "Incognito Window" function (or equivalent) to ensure you are merging your own accounts and not someone else's, as the account merge process cannot be reversed.
Additionally, please be aware that the Merge An Account process will require you to choose one Klei account/Klei User ID to be your primary account. Once you have picked your primary account/Klei User ID, the secondary account that you merge to your primary account will have their items/unlocks added into the primary account. That primary account (including shared unlocks) becomes the only account on all merged platforms.
Because the primary account becomes the account used for all merged platforms, this process will have an effect on a number of things in-game on the platform where the secondary account is replaced by the primary account, aside from getting access to all items in the shared unlocks. These include:
Don’t Starve Together:
- Cookbook recipes will be replaced.
- Plant Registry will be replaced (including plants, fertilizers, and largest weighed plants).
- Items in the character's inventory, equipped, holding, etc will disappear unless dropped on the ground or in storage (probably preferably near the spawn portal for quicker access).
- Learned recipes unlocked through prototyping will need to be re-prototyped.
- Minimap progress will be cleared. To make this easier for large clears it may be useful to make a Map Scroll from a Cartographer's Desk to drop with the other held items to relearn what was known.
- Followers for characters like Webber should be dismissed. This includes beefalo bell affinity.
- Server administrators will need to update their KU in adminlist.txt to retain admin rights on servers they control.
- Server administrators will need to create new server tokens to use in cluster_token.txt as all previous tokens will be invalidated.
We recommend starting the account merging process by choosing the Primary account that you play the most actively, and do not want to be affected.
You can merge accounts and access shared unlocks on multiple platforms by following the steps in our support guide.