Shared Unlocks/Merge An Account allows players to be able to merge multiple (supported) platform accounts onto a single Klei Account and seamlessly use their items on everything connected. This includes crockpot recipes, plant registry, item skins and characters that you gained through drops including woven characters and skins.
Bolts (Premium Currency) cannot be shared between platforms.
IMPORTANT NOTE - READ BEFORE CONTINUING
Please be aware that the Merge An Account process will require you to choose one Klei account/Klei User ID to be your primary account. Once you have picked your primary account/Klei User ID, the secondary account that you merge to your primary account will have their items/unlocks added into the primary account. That primary account (including shared unlocks) becomes the only account on all merged platforms.
Because the primary account becomes the account used for all merged platforms, this process will have an effect on a number of things in-game on the platform where the secondary account is replaced by the primary account, aside from getting access to all items in the shared unlocks. These include:
Don’t Starve Together:
- Cookbook recipes will be replaced.
- Plant Registry will be replaced (including plants, fertilizers, and largest weighed plants).
- Items in the character's inventory, equipped, holding, etc will disappear unless dropped on the ground or in storage (probably preferably near the spawn portal for quicker access).
- Learned recipes unlocked through prototyping will need to be re-prototyped.
- Minimap progress will be cleared. To make this easier for large clears it may be useful to make a
- Map Scroll from a Cartographer's Desk to drop with the other held items to relearn what was known.
- Followers for characters like Webber should be dismissed. This includes beefalo bell affinity.
- Server administrators will need to update their KU in adminlist.txt to retain admin rights on servers they control.
- Server administrators will need to create new server tokens to use in cluster_token.txt as all previous tokens will be invalidated.
We recommend starting the account merging process by choosing the Primary account that you play the most actively, and do not want to be affected.
How to merge accounts and access shared unlocks on multiple platforms:
1) Visit https://accounts.klei.com/ and log in using your Klei account that you would like to keep as your primary account. This is important because all items within any secondary accounts that you link to your primary account will be merged into your primary account.
2) Once signed in to your Klei account using your primary account login, click on the “Merge An Account” option in your “Settings” tab on your Klei Accounts page.
3) This will take you to the “Merge An Account” page where you will see the list of platforms that you can merge into your primary account. Connected accounts will be indicated with a green “Connected” button. Click on the “Link Account” button for the secondary account that you would like to merge with your primary account.
For this example, we will merge an Xbox Network secondary account to our primary Steam account.
4) On the "Merge An Account" page, click the “Link account” button for the platform you would like to merge with your primary account.
This will take you to a page with important information before starting the account merging process. Please read this thoroughly, and click on the "Continue" button to begin the account merging process.
5) On the next page, the platform you would like to merge with your primary account will ask for your login information, log in using your secondary account login for that platform, if you are already not logged in previously.
(Be aware that you can only do this process ONCE; if you have multiple accounts on that platform, please ENSURE that you are logging in using the account you really want to merge to your primary Klei account as the account merge process cannot be reversed.)
6) If the sign-ins for the primary and secondary Klei accounts that you would like to merge are successful, you should see the page as shown below.
If you encounter any errors on this page, you will see a warning similar to the image below.. Please read the directions to resolve each issue, and then click on the “Fix Warnings” button and you will be directed to the Account settings page to fix the issue.
For example, if you encounter an error message similar to the image below, please ensure that both Klei accounts that you would like to merge are both using the same email address and that you have verified the email address for each Klei account separately. This has to be done because once they are merged there will only be space for a single email address.
Also, please ensure that you have verified the email address on both your primary and secondary accounts. The account merging process cannot continue if one or both account emails have not been verified.
7) If there are no errors, and when ready to merge your accounts, it is important that you click on the “Keep this account” button and select the primary account that you wish to keep. All of the items/unlocks in your secondary account will be carried over to your primary account. Please be aware that you will lose your in-game progress (as listed in the beginning of this support guide) on your secondary account when continuing with this process.
8) Read through and complete the consent questions and finally, click on the “Merge Accounts” button when you are ready, and the page will begin the merge process. When you see the “Merging….” text at the bottom of the screen, please DO NOT close or exit the Klei Accounts page; let the process complete. Closing or exiting while the account merging process is happening may cause issues with the both accounts.
9) If the merge was successful, then you should see the page as shown below. Log in to your primary Klei Account once more.
10) You now have successfully merged the accounts and shared unlocks between both! Continue to do the same process for any other secondary accounts that you would like to merge to your primary account.