What Can I Mod?
Common mod ideas include:
- New characters, complete with custom artwork and special abilities.
- Tweaking the tuning on an existing character or item.
- Altering the behavior of creatures.
- Creating new weapons and items for players to use.
- Changing the world generation rules to adjust the balance and feel of the game.
- Adding new locations and set pieces into world generation.
- Extending or adjusting the user interface.
- Entirely new mechanics to challenge the player.
- Pets, monsters, and other new characters in the world.
What can I NOT Mod?
For the most part, you can mod anything that you wish. However do have a few restrictions for the purpose of fair-play and a healthy game environment.
- Mods that make use of other people's work without credited permission
- Mods that violate the Steam Subscriber Agreement or Klei's Content Guidelines
- Mods intended to circumvent metagame or account entitlements (I.e. skins, item drops, DLC, product ownership or entitlement)
- Mods that contain copyrighted material of which you do not own or have permission to use
Modding Etiquette: General Guidelines
Take a few moments to read through and familiarize yourself with our modding etiquette guidelines.
- Please remember that modders are not required to support their mods; and while you are welcome to ask a modder to add, remove, or change parts of their mod, it is ultimately up to the modders whether they make any changes or not.
- Public mods must be complete and in working order with a full description of what the mod contains, with applicable screenshots and title image
- Mods intended to be just for personal use should not be published for public use.
- In the case where no permission is granted explicitly; it will be assumed that no permission has been granted and may be removed at the request of the original creator.
- If you would like to modify and upload another person's mod as part of your own work, be sure to ask them for permission if none is already provided and provide proper credit as requested by the original author.
- In cases where a mod has been abandoned, unfinished or no longer compatible and has updated and reuploaded by another member; unless specifically stated otherwise the original mod will be considered abandoned and permitted to be stay unless otherwise directed in the original mods description or the original author requests removal; at which time the original mod will require specific permissions be added to the mod to deny re-use of the mod and the reuploaded mod will be removed.
- Mods containing assets from other games or media are not allowed.
- Klei reserves the right to remove mods from the workshop at our discretion