IMPORTANT NOTE: Twitch Item drops and account linking with Twitch are currently on hiatus as we upgrade and migrate to the new version, and possibly make a few changes while we're in there. You can find more information regarding this on our forum post.
If your Twitch account is properly linked to your Klei account, and Twitch has indicated that you have earned item drops, these should be reflected in Don’t Starve Together. Please check the following before moving onto the rest of the troubleshooting guide:
- Log in and check your Klei account's inventory page to see if item(s) have been received in your account: https://accounts.klei.com/account/game/inventory?game=DST
- Log in and check your Klei account's transaction page to see if the Twitch item drop(s) are listed there: https://accounts.klei.com/account/transactions
If you cannot find the items in either the Klei account inventory or transaction pages, here are a couple of troubleshooting steps that may be of help:
1) Ensure that the livestreams/Twitch channels that you are watching have item drops enabled. Streams with Drops enabled will show the following message just under the stream window:
2) Ensure that your Item Collection filters (buttons on top of the Item Collection screen) are set to show all items. If you have certain filters enabled, the game will only show a few things, but not all items.
3) If you have multiple Klei accounts, please ensure that the Klei account that you have linked to the Twitch account you are watching streams with is the same account as the one you are playing Don’t Starve Together on.
4) If you are sure that the Klei account linked to your Twitch account is the same as the game you are playing on, and still have not received the item in-game, try unlinking both the Klei and the Twitch accounts (on both the Klei accounts site, and on the Twitch site) and then try re-linking them to see if that resolves the connection.
5) If you have any client mods enabled or installed, it may be that an enabled/installed client mod is blocking or interfering with the game UI from completing the login item presentation. If so, please first try disabling all of your mods; and if the issue persists, delete all the mods from your Steam installation folders for Don't Starve Together, then unsubscribe from all mods from the Steam Workshop, so that mods are not reinstalled to your game automatically. (You can re-subscribe to these mods on Steam Workshop later)
6) If you are using a VPN, that may cause connection issues with your Twitch/Klei accounts. Try temporarily disabling your VPN to see if that resolves the issue.
7) Ensure that your internet connection is reliable, if possible, try connecting online using a wired ethernet connection. Wi-Fi connections can sometimes be inconsistent depending on the location and how strong the signal is.
If the Twitch item drop(s) are listed in your Klei account inventory and/or transaction pages, this likely means that your account has received the item drop, but it has not yet been successfully opened in-game. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1) Ensure you are not on a beta branch for Don’t Starve Together on Steam by switching back to the regular, live branch. (Steam Only)
- Right-click Don’t Starve Together in your Steam library > choose “Properties”
- Click on the BETAS tab
- In the drop down menu, choose NONE - Opt out of all beta programs
- Verify your game files to finish switching to the live branch
2) Disable all mods in case you have any enabled (or installed) that may interfere with the game’s UI presentation. (Steam Only)
- If disabling mods does not work, delete all mod files from your Steam folder for Don't Starve Together. Once all mod files have been deleted from your Steam folder for the game, unsubscribe all of your Don't Starve Together mods from the Steam Workshop, then try launching the game once more.
3) Ensure that your Item Collection/Curio Cabinet item filters (buttons on top of the item collection screen) are set to show all items. If you have filters enabled, it will only show a few things within those filters, but not all items.
4) If you have more than 10,000 items in your Klei account, you have hit our item display limit, and you may need to unravel duplicates in order to display newer items.
5) While you are playing in a current save file/server, in a camp or base, if you build a Wardrobe, and stand close to it, can you check if there are any unopened item drops in your account, if so, there will be an indicator on the upper-left hand side of the screen when standing next to the Wardrobe structure. Clicking on it will receive the item drop in your account. After that, save and exit the game, restart DST and try logging in to the main menu once more to see if that allows the Twitch item drops to be received in your account.
If you have followed the troubleshooting steps, and the issue persists, please contact our live support team and provide your Klei User ID and we will take a further look.